Nina,
  I took Muffie to the vet, he sedated her and shaved her body left the fur around her face and head long. She looks like a little strange lion, but I know she feels better. She seems healthy and has calmed right down. She gets along great with my other babies. Some ignore her, some act like she has been here forever. I got up this morning and found her sleeping in a clothes hamper with my boy Spanky.She loves to be petted, but will not sit on your lap she will not get on the furniture either. I put her on my bed, the sofa, chairs even the counters and she will jump right down. I guess someone taught her not to, but maybe she will change in time when she sees my kitties sleeping anywhere they decide. She had what I thought was a lump on her side I was afraid it was a tumor or something. The doctor x-rayed and said she had some broken ribs that healed wrong. He thinks maybe she had been kicked in the past. I don't think she had a very good life before. The bad news is she tested positive for felv I will have her tested again in a couple months. My doctor knows I have other pos. and how I feel about the subject so he doesn't even bring pts up. He did that one time with my Charlie 3 years ago. I brought Charlie home I thought to die, but he is still healthy and happy at the ripe old age of 14 . Anyway I love Muffie already. I will probably even keep the name it seems to fit. Thank you and everyone here for all the good advice.
Sheila