Hi Group,

    First of all, I want to thank all of you for your sympathies expressed when we lost Digby last month.  It meant a great deal to us.  Digby "came home" last Friday, which seems to help in the grieving process.
    We're taking Pekoe to the vet tomorrow just for a check-up and some "baseline" blood work.  He had blood work done back in Feb. when he had the bout with Hemobart and tested FelV+.
    I'm still a little "confused" by everything I've read about FelV.  Pekoe was approx. 15 - 16 mos. old when he tested positive - both the ELISA test and the confirmatory IFA test.  Right now, he's appears healthier than before the Hemobart.  My question is, would there be any point to having him retested (ELISA and/or IFA)?  Am I correct in that if he tested positive on the IFA, then he's always going to be positive?  I'm not thinking that he may be negative now, but just wondered if he should be retested (for whatever reason)?

Thanks all,
Marlene