I haven't had that problem with a cat but I have had 2 dogs who have had problems helped by an alternative vet who practices acupuncture.  I can't tell you that she extended their lives but I know the quality was much better and I felt considerably better.  Right now she is working with Dixie Louise.  It is worth a shot.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, August 03, 2005 6:41 PM
Subject: Sweet Sebastian

I was finally able to get Sebastian in to see an internist and a nuerologist.  The vet believes that the weakness in his back legs could be a mass on his spinal cord or lesions all along his spine.  They would have to do more tests to be sure.  Even after the tests there is no real treatment for either, so I decided not to put him through all of that.  He can barely walk anymore.  I can not bare to see him this way.  Has anyone had any similar problems with there Felv+ kitties?  Is there anything I can do?  Maybe an alternative vet?

Also does anyone know the shelf life of Interferon?