I have two FELV+ who are 7 & 5+ respectively.  I did not know of their diagnosis until last year when they were 6 & 4. I have 3 non-pos who lived with the 6 year old since kittenhood & are still neg.  Its not an automatic death sentence particularly for adult cats.  You will get a lot of good, more detailed advice from the members of this group.  What made the vet test for FELV?  Is she displaying any symptoms… Diagnosis on my 7 year old was made when I brough her in for not eating & general listnessness.  Blood test revealed low wbc & led to ELISSA & IFA tests to confirm.  She had series of immuno-regulin twice for the same problem & is fine (a real porko that one!).  My 5 year old was a stray who spent the first few years of his life on the street & he has been symptom free.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of margaret thresher
Sent: Sunday, August 21, 2005 12:53 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Alternative treatments

My cat Misty has just been diagnosed by my vet as positive for feline leukaemia and the vet has told me that there are no real treatments for this condition and that now she has been positively diagnosed she is unlikely to live longer than a year.  I have looked through at various sites and am totally confused by the amount of information out there, HELP!!!  Can anyone give me any no nonsense advice with regard to holistic treatment availability or indeed any advice.  I have been looking at Willard's water and colloidal silver.  Does anyone have any information on these or anything that might help her, she is only approximately two years old  and I have only had her for six months as she was abandoned by her previous owner.