Yesterday I lost Butternut to this evil disease.  He was 3 1/2 years
old - so I know he has lived longer than most babies born positive - but
is wasn't long enough.  It never is, is it.

I am in Arkansas and over 3 years ago there was a situation in the
northern part of the state - out in the sticks somewhere - where lots of
cats were left at a trailer park of some sort.  It was in the news that a
vet had been hired to euthanize them all.

2 members of our rescue group headed up there to see what could be done
-- all they managed to save was one little orange tabby boy, Butternut,
who tested positive for feleuk.  Since I already had feleuk babies,
including Gloria's Mittens and my Leader and their littermates, who were
the same age as Butternut, I took him.  He has been wonderfully healthy
and happy and very much loved for the whole of his short life.

Over the last couple of days he went downhill fast and yesterday lost the use of
his hind legs.  We chose to free him before he began to really suffer.
I know he is playing at the Rainbow Bridge with Mittens and the rest of
our feleuk babies.  Thanks.