Hello!

I am so happy to have found this mailing list.  My name is Marissa and I wanted to introduce my little guy, Jake.  I adopted Jake only a couple months ago from a rescue group that I had been fostering for.  I was moving to a new city and decided I wanted to take a cat with me, and since FeLV cats are so hard to adopt out, and little Jake was just too cute for words, I decided he deserved to not be in a cage for the rest of his life so I adopted him.

He is such a great cat.  So playful, affectionate, silly, sweet.  Just a good little guy.  Soon after I adopted him he started coughing and sneezing and had a fever.  Probably something he caught when he was surrounded by other cats in the rescue shelter.  He was on Baytril and the vet kept him on it because he seemed to get better with it, and every time I would take him off of it he would start sneezing or coughing.  The vet also gave me vitamin C to give to him as a supplement.  Then about a week ago he started to have diarrhea.  Vet put him on Metronidazale.  Then a couple days ago he stopped having an appetite.  The vet thinks it may be the vitamin C upsetting his stomach, so I stopped that, and have been force feeding him baby food and water.  He still has no appetite (only stopped the C about 36 hours ago) and isn't quite himself, although he isn't totally lethargic either.

I just hope that this isn't the "beginning of the end."  Jake is about 2.5 years old and I don't know much about his history other than his previous owner surrendered him at the beginning of the year.  I would appreciate any advice from others experienced with FeLV cats as well as any tips on force feeding.  I hate to do it but I don't see any other option.  The vet says if hes not better he wants to run a bunch of tests on him, which I hope I don't have to do.

Thanks for reading and for all of your help!

Marissa