Rebecca, so glad to hear that Brooklyn is much better.

About the biting thing, I have one of those too!   Cotton doesn't seem to
tolerate much petting either.  I notice that when Cotton's tail starts to
flick or he starts flinching the skin on his back, or if his ears start to
move back just a tiny bit, it's time he's had enough.  If I am not quick
enough getting off of him, I will get a little warning bite.  I believe some
cats are just a lot more...orally fixated than others.
My girl Miss will make a weak attempt to bite at the top of the other cats'
heads or ears if they are near and are annoying her.  She also boops them
with her paws. But she will only pretend to bite me when we play , but then
lick the spot she bit, as if to say, "I hope I didn't hurt you."
And sometimes there's no figuring it out at all.  It's almost as if their
mood changes very abruptly, like they were thinking, and were reminded of
something, and want to be left alone NOW.  So diffferent from dogs.  My dogs
could be petted all day and never tire of my hands on them.
Sandy