Hey Kerry-

Chances are the kitty has *not* been microchipped by an owner who won't even let her inside when needed - and even if so I doubt if the vet would check it unless you asked him/her to. And if you take her to your vet as your cat, well...

I also doubt if talking to the owner again would be useful - might even be counter productive.

Sure she can help  this kitty -

Good luck -

Gloria