In a message dated 1/17/06 4:00:00 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
but at least 3 times
> in my life I have really wondered if the new cat isn't my old one
> come back...
Tad~
Funny you should say that.
I've talked to Nina about one of the kittens (Timothy) from the feral mom, Charity, that was dumped here this summer.
Charity, being feral, has been spayed, vx'd, tested and released.  :(
Thomas, the grey kitten was adopted a couple of months ago. :)
Timothy is STILL with me.  I have found him to be the most charming, loveable boy.
When I take him to adoption events, he acts disinterested, bored, if you will.  I even had a man comment at one event that the reason he acts that way is because he's found his mom - ME!!
I must admit, he has completely endeared himself to me.  I found myself calling him, "My little man", which was my special name for my Felv boy, Ethan, who I lost a few years ago.
Timothy is a "spitting" image of Ethan, solid black, compact body, heavenly amber eyes that GLOW!!
His mannerisms are the same as Ethan also.
I commented to Nina that at times I swore Timothy was the reincarnation of Ethan.  And, Nina didn't scoff, or laugh.  In fact, she did say that it was quite possible that it very well may be, especially if Ethan and I had any unfinished business.
And, of course, we do.  Ethan became sick suddenly, over a weekend.  He had NEVER been symptomatic, or sick a day in his short life (18 months).
However, when we got to vet Monday, and x-ray revealed a large mass in his chest, basically blocking flow to his heart, I knew I had to let him go.....
No warning, no time for good-byes.
I know my decision was the ONLY one that I had...any other choice would have just prolonged his suffering on earth.  So, I let him go.
Timothy HAS found his home, and it IS with me.
Maybe he IS Ethan, come back to me in a "healthy" body this time, so we can experience all the joys that I did not have the good fortune to share with my Ethan.....
As time passes, the "hurt" of losing our babies lessens some, but we NEVER forget their presence in our lives.............
And, now I like to believe, that when you least expect it, they WILL make their presence known, in one way or another.
Patti