Yes, I have experienced this (not liking an enclosed box) some, too. Not all of my cats, but particularly Spaz. For me, having the high walls also encouraged them (the males) to go on ahead and spray even more. My cats have been FAR less likely to spray (except for the Spaz issue) if the box is not near any wall of any kind (hard to do sometimes, for sure!).
Kris
http://www.spazstory.zoomshare.com
----- Original Message ----- From: "Marylyn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 22, 2006 2:58 AM
Subject: Re: o/t advice needed

You can put the lids on but no cat I have had liked having an enclosed litter box. Keeps the odors in and I think makes them feel trapped (many of my cats started life on the streets and that may influence their feelings).

If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity, you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow man. St. Francis ----- Original Message ----- From: "Kerry MacKenzie" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>