Isn't that just sad they let greed interfere with our pets health. Roxane

Hideyo Yamamoto <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I hate to tell you this, but it’s true,, vaccines are easy on going money making tools for most of vets.. so whenever they can they will make it sound like it’s mandatory and most of people will comply it (this comment came from a vet that I know..).. also most of vets office has a commission that each veterinarian has to make every month. so.. that’s one way to increase their income (this also came from another vet that I know..)

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Roxane Baldwin
Sent: Monday, July 10, 2006 2:36 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: RE: OT-Rabies Vaccine

Unless it changed (last checked was 2005), the state of Iowa doesn't have a law dealing with feline vaccines, canine yes(rabies only).
My FIV & Felv will not have another vaccine ever.  I'm just so upset because this vets office and others make it sound like it is the law to have every vaccine out there and that is so not true.  I've been trying to find some set standard but your right, with all the different state laws, you cannot find any information on standards.
I just have my blood boiling.
Thanks for your reply : )

Roxane

Hideyo Yamamoto <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
3 year and 1 year are very similar in their dosage according to my vet.. but 3 year has a bit more--- so she did not mind using it for dogs and was still not comfortable for using cats .. if you think about it.. a 70 lb dog gets the same dosage of rabies vaccine as a 6 lb of cats which is very scary..