From: Gina WN
Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2006 1:51 AM
Subject: Re: OT: Need feedback please

There was nothing rude about your reply.  If a person really puts the welfare of their animal first, they would not be offended by the information you provided.  In my mind, they care more about their ego than they do about Tiger.  They are the creeps.

Gina

Belinda <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
    Hi All,
   Every once in a while I get people who post to the Adoptable FeLV/FIV/FIP and put free for the fee, it clearly say's at the TOP of the page this is not allowed, so I send them a drafted letter which I'm copying below with the reply I got from the person I sent it to.  Please tell me if my letter is rude because that obviously isn't my intention and I don't want to scare anyone away BUT I do want them to realize how dangerous it is to post a pet for FREE.  My letter follow below:

Hi Kathy,
Belinda here, I admin the ads, and there are no "Free To Good Home" ads allowed, none is the same as FREE. This is very dangerous for the cat, there are all kinds of lunatics out there.

I don't think you want Tiger to end up being ripped to shreds by a Pit Bull in training to fight, or to spend his last few minutes on earth petrified while a snake squeezes the life out of him and devours him. Or maybe a sick, demented person who scours ads daily looking for an animal to torture and beat until they tire of them and finally put them out of their misery by killing them. Then there's the buncher who looks for free or cheap pets to take to labs where they are experimented on and then killed when they have served their purpose, these bunchers get anywhere from $30 to $100 dollars a pet from these labs.

Giving an animal away FREE is very dangerous for that animal and I personally would rather euthanise a pet than take a chance that they could end up in some horrible situation like those I described.

I get emails every single day about some poor pet that has endured horrible things until they finally died or were killed. I have even been told by some of my rescues how a whole family will come to look at an adoptee making them appear quite normal, only to find out later the pet was tortured again and again until it finally died or was killed. Please, please be very, very careful who you hand Tiger over to, he is depending on you to make sure he is safe when he goes to his new home!! Thank you.

I'm not saying this to be mean, believe me I know these kinds of things happen a hundred times a day to innocent animals. I've changed your ad to negotiable.

Please read these links for more info about how dangerous this is for the cat:

http://www.theanimalspirit.com/adopt.html

http://www.petrescue.com/library/free-pet.htm

http://www.parrett.net/animalaid/free.html

I belong to a group of people who are all owned by FeLV+/FIV, most if not all have other cats who are negative. Some let their cats mix some don't, it's a personal preference thing.

I personally had 6 cats, my Bailey was my FeLV positive, he was + at 5 months of age. I just lost him last month to anemia at 11 years of age, he wasn't sick for all of those years. I just lost him in May after a 5 month illness to what turned out to be cancer. He lived, ate, slept, played with, groomed and on occasion had spats with all his vaccinated, negative housemates for all those years and nobody ever got it from him. It is almost impossible for a healthy, adult cat to get it from a positive and if they ever did the healthy adult cats immune system would fight it off.

The bottom line is it isn't as contagious as most vets would have you believe. AND FIV is even less contagious and harder to give to another cat as it takes a deep bite wound to for it to be even possible to transmit it from one cat to another.

If your interested in checking the group out you can do that here:

Please feel free to contact me anytime.
253 891-1197

Here's someone named Davids reply, just got it:

oh wow that was rude. did you think it was absolutely needed to go on for 3 paragraphs about what COULD happen to him. i think you are the demented one! these people will get there hands on animals no matter what i say in my ad or what i don't say. but thanks for the help, i guess. i  have decided to keep him so take it off all way, creep!

I'm afraid my reply was rude, I just am tired of people not reading or following directions and then yelling at me for it when I point it out, I lost it this time   :(

    I'm really tired of people like you who are too lazy to read or if you did follow directions tell me I'm rude, your email was VERY rude, mine was informational, but I wouldn't expect someone like you to know the difference.  Take the ad off yourself, it's a free service and this is part of it being free!

I usually get a reply saying they had no idea of the dangers and they are happy to learn about it.  I've only had one other person be rude like this in all the time the service has been available.

Please don't candy coat anything, I know I can be tactless sometimes and I only want to help these kitties that is the priority, so any suggestions are appreciated.  Thanks guys.

Adoptable FeLV/FIV/FIP Cats/Kittens
http://adopt.bemikitties.com

--

Belinda
happiness is being owned by cats ...

Be-Mi-Kitties
http://bemikitties.com Post Adoptable FeLV/FIV/FIP Cats/Kittens http://adopt.bemikitties.com FeLV Candlelight Service http://bemikitties.com/cls HostDesign4U.com [affordable hosting & web design] http://HostDesign4U.com ------------ BMK Designs [non-profit animals websites] http://bmk.bemikitties.com

Please visit my Tigger Tales site!

At the bottom of the home and links pages are my merchant affiliate banners.  If anyone uses my links to make a purchase, I will receive a percentage of all final sales.  I am going to donate 100% of the proceeds to animal welfare organizations.  This is a great way to shop your favorite online pet stores and give something to a worthy cause.  Thank you in advance!

Do you Yahoo!?

Checked by AVG Free Edition.