or just get reprint permission from jim willis to use, "free to a good home"..... even if it is about dogs....

On 8/31/06, Marissa Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I like that...it gives it a little more punch! Thanks Kat!  :)

Kat <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:
Belinda,

I think the re-wording Marissa suggested is good - with only a minor
adjustment. I would add "if they haven't already died during the
experimentation." to make it read...

Unfortunately, there are many people in the world who would take advantage
of a free pet and use it for all kinds of unthinkable things. Believe it
or not, there are actually people who use cats to train dogs to fight
(encouraging the dog to aggressively mame and kill the cat), or to feed
their snakes. There are actually sick, demented people who look for free
animals to torture and beat until they finally get bored and kill them.
Additionally, there are bunchers who sell free or cheap pets for anywhere
from $30 to $100 to labs who will experiment on them and then kill them
if they haven't already died during the experimentation.
I know you dont want any of these things to happen to Tiger, and that is
why we require a minimum fee rather than allowing people to give away
their pets.

What do you think??

Kat (Mew Jersey)

Spay & Neuter Your Neighbors!