Bailey got epogen and his anemia was corrected, a transfusion would buy you time until you can find a vet how is willing to work with you to try and treat your baby, your vet is not doing his job in my opinion. Just because a cat tests positive and gets sick is no reason to not try and treat what is wrong. Please either get your vet to become proactive or run to another vet and get this kitty treatment. Too many vets just say "it's the FeLV kicking in and there's nothing we can do".

Bailey's HCT number got as low as 15%, we got him back up to 40% with epogen and pred, Bailey was FeLV+. Your kitty need immediate treatment, what is his HCT? Bailey had a bone marrow aspirate to find out what was causing his anemia and it was the FeLV in his bone marrow. We found out also after he passed 5 months later he had pancreatic cancer, we knew he had cancer but we just couldn't find it. We did every test imaginable to try and pinpoint where but never did find it so we could treat it. The anemia however was corrected and epogen along with a high dose prednisolone (20mg daily in two doses of 10 twice a day). Bailey was 11 years old when I lost him in May, he was positive at 5 months of age when I found him.

--

Belinda
happiness is being owned by cats ...

Be-Mi-Kitties
http://bemikitties.com

http://adopt.bemikitties.com

FeLV Candlelight Service
http://bemikitties.com/cls

http://HostDesign4U.com

BMK Designs [non-profit animals websites]
http://bmk.bemikitties.com