You may want to go ahead with the transfusion to buy time, the epogen can take up to three weeks to work. With Bailey my vet feels it was mainly the prednisolone that helped with his anemia but we can't say for sure since he was on both. Bailey started epogen when his HCT was at 18%, it went down before it went up. He got as low as 15%, but within 5 or 6 weeks with the epogen and pred his HCT was back up to 40%, even after he passed it was still at 33%, which is very normal. He started epogen at 3 times a week and after his anemia was corrected we went to 1 time a week and very gradually lowered his pred from 20mgs to 5mgs a day over a period of weeks, pred has to be tapered very slowly, their bodies stop producing it when they get it supplemented in high doses.

--

Belinda
happiness is being owned by cats ...

Be-Mi-Kitties
http://bemikitties.com

http://adopt.bemikitties.com

FeLV Candlelight Service
http://bemikitties.com/cls

http://HostDesign4U.com

BMK Designs [non-profit animals websites]
http://bmk.bemikitties.com