Please add my sweet (felv neg) Bessie to the CLS - she died Sept.26th.  She was a little tortie manx who'd had heartworms when rescued about 5 years ago.  Daily pred helped her survive the death of the heartworms and she was one of my "library cats", who regularly came to school with me.  Such a sweet and gentle girl - she did the cutest little trick of standing right next to me with one of her hind feet -- always a hind foot - resting on my foot.  The heartworms left her with right heart damage which we weren't aware of.  She began throwing clots to her lungs and brain.

Please also add my little foster fella, Stinky, who was felv positive.  He died on 9/25.  He was the cutest little tabby - always full of life and mischief, only 8 months old.  Healthy up until the last week and then boom.

And please add my precious, precious Daisy (feleuk pos) also - she  died on Sept. 15.  Daisy.  How do I describe her.  She was technically my foster baby but so much more.  Last year she came to school with me every day.  She is the only kitty I've ever had who came to me every time I called.  I'd call "Dai-doo"  and in return get this little "yip-yow" from wherever she was and here she'd come trotting to me as fast as she could.  She followed me around the library every step I took and the whole staff and student body were in love with her. I could take her anywhere with me on a harness and leash and she had a ball.   I got her at 4 months and she didn't come in heat until 18 months.  My vet and I were trying to decide if/when to spay her.  She gaiined weight over the summer and looked so healthy.  Came into heat a second time in late August.

She'd been on interferon and when we decided to spay her I decided to start her on immunoregulin and wait a month or so first.  The weekend before she died, I couldn't find her one day.  I was tearing the house apart - one thing that I moved looking for her was a bed with lots of stuff under it.  I didn't find her there -- and when she finally turned up later at the other end of the house it was like she was shell-shocked.  She looked panicked and couldn't turn her head very well - cried like moving hurt her.  I made the assumption that she'd been under the bed I'd moved and I'd squashed her or otherwise hurt her.   Was afraid I'd injured her neck - gave her a depo shot.  She seemed to move better and went on to have the best week she'd had in ages.  Up thru Friday night whe was fine.  I couldn't find her all day Sat - found her dead Sunday morning.   Now I wonder if the last weekend's episode was feleuk related.  Also - I'd updated her respiratory vaccs in late August -- wouldn't have done except that I have so many chronic URI fosters.    Has anyone ever experienced anything like this?

She was just 22 months old and her death has completely broken my heart.

And now Valley - please put him on the special needs list - I need prayers or meditation or chanting or whatever you believe in -- for a remission for the feleuk crisis he is in.  He is another of my "library cats" who comes to work with me.  He was a rescue from a kill shelter about 5 years ago - he was 1 or 2 at the time.  Feleuk positive.  Looked like death warmed over but once fattened up has been so healthy that I had him retested last year to see if he'd reverted to neg.

He began losing weight about 2 weeks ago - gums pale as snow.  Blood work shows a hematocrit of 7 - almost not compatible with life.  He is still somewhat active - gets off the bed to go to the litterbox and sometimes to the rest of the house.  Will eat if I put food in front of him.  His vet thought we could  get a remission until the blood work came back.   He is getting raw liver, Clindamycin, 5mg pred every day, PetTinic, interferon.  I have immunoregulin and could try that.   I asked about Epogen and the way my vet explained it is that with feline leukemia, where the bone marrow is basically "dead" and not going to produce red cells, to give Epogen would be like knocking on the door when nobody is home.   We decided against blood transfusions due to the stress and the short term result.   Does anyone have any ideas?

I apologize for the length of this.  Thanks for reading.