If you are not going to do chemo, then please please get the vet to give him dexamethasone injections, or, even better, a combined shot of 1/2 ml dex and 1/2 ml depomedrol. These are very strong steroids that shrink lymphoma and make them feel a whole lot better.  They can help cats with lymphoma live up to several months in comfort without chemo.  A number of us on this list have seen these shots work well like this.  The shots do not make them feel sick at all, only better, and are very cheap.

Michelle