  From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  Sent: Saturday, November 25, 2006 6:05 PM
  Subject: Re: Dr. Ward's consult

  That's great!!  I hope it continues for a long time, too.  If at some point
she stops responding, there are a few chemo drugs to ask about-- CCNU being
one, Elspar being another if she is not using it now.  But hopefully that will
not be the case for a long time.

  Your old vet should be ashamed of himself.  Unfortunately, vets like him are
more the norm than the exception-- it is how they respond.  I am hopeful about
this changing, slowly, because I met an intern who told me that at least some
vet schools are now teaching that FeLV is not a death sentence and cats can
live a long time with it, and that cats with it should be treated for the
problems that arise.

  Michelle