At 04:59 PM 12/22/2006, you wrote:

That hapened to oneof my neuters. He became very ill.. even took him to the emergency vets that night but did not stay as he was not in a life threatening condition, He vomited blood,,,would not eat,, lookled awful,,,,,after a few days he was fine and is now a big piggy,,,,,,He refused to eat, I think because if they have blood in their tummy it makes them nauseated, He started with boiled chicken and went from there,, He is a senior,,
Kelly

Sorry to be off topic, but can everyone please send good vibes/glow/prayers for Whitey? He was neutered on Wednesday morning, and when I brought him home, he began to vomit and have severe diarrhea. He went back to the vet and was hospitalized overnight, and is now back home (mostly because I can't afford for him to be at the vet's office any longer). The vomiting is much better, and he is able to hold down small amounts of food at a time so long as he is not given his pain medicine (it was making his nausea worse, as when he vomited it up it made him foam at the mouth and gag terribly). Which means he's in pain, of course. I feel just terrible for him, he's so miserable! The vet did lots of testing, including a full blood panel, and it came back perfect. They said that if it were a reaction to the anesthesia, it would
show something off on the blood work. He's FELV and FIV negative, and has no
parasites. All the tests say he is in perfect health, yet he is really ill, and not doing good at all. I'm going to have a friend come over tomorrow and do reiki on him. The vet thinks it's probably stress, since nothing appears to be wrong physically. Please send good well wishes for him! He is such a sweet boy, and he is so miserable now. I feel so bad, I didn't want to neuter him at all! I'm going to try to get to the health food store tomorrow to get some Rescue Remedy too. He's eating good, which
is a good sign, but I'm having to limit his intake, as he's only allowed 2-3
tablespoons at a time in an effort to keep him from vomiting. Anyone else had cats get violently ill after surgery like this? The vet said she's never seen this before, and it's a VERY odd reaction, especially since there's NOTHING showing up on any of
the tests that is abnormal.

Phaewryn

Donations Needed for Whitey's emergency Vet Care!
http://ucat.us/Whitey.html
DONATE VIA PAYPAL:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=seething%40vtlink%2enet&item_name=DONATION%20to%20Whitey%20Veterinary%20Bill%20Fund&page_style=PayPal&no_shippi
ng=1&cn=Message%3a&tax=0&currency_code=USD&lc=US&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF&charset=UTF%2d8
PLEASE SAVE WHITEY!

Checked by AVG Free Edition.