Thank you for all the great information. I guess the first thing I need to do is get some different food. I think you guys would kill me if you could because he is not getting the best food. Only because I didn't know. This is the second vet he has been to. The first tested him and called us immediately. They said he is positive and you should have him put to sleep, he is a stray. We picked him up and called for the county shelter to come get him. They never came. I started looking at what being felv pos meant and said there is no reason to kill him! That is when we found the new vet. He found the abscess and said bring him back in 3 weeks. He may have called the other vet and found it was faint or whatever, I will ask. No one ever told me any special care for him, only that he needs to be taken to the vet for things that other cats don't, such as a cough. Is it bad that he has gotten a belly since coming inside? I am sure it is because he was not eating while on his own. I just don't want to cause more damage to him. He has only been here a short while but he is my heart and joy. My fourth child!.. Hey, he is trying to eat pizza crust, yep, he is one of my kids. Don't worry, I took it from him LOL
Thanks for the info again.  I plan to start looking at it right now.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Pink tinged watery stuff is USUALLY vomit, and it turns pink when they have
roundworms. I'd have him dewormed, if you haven't already (and don't freak out
too
much if you see spaghetti-like worms in the pink stuff somewhere down the
road). It
COULD be urine, but that would indicate an infection... the only thing that
turns
urine pink is blood, and the only way you get blood in urine is infection
(unless
he's been recently cathetered, in which case it could be trauma to the
urethra). You
can try to see if it's pee... wait for him to go to the litterbox, and as soon
as he
comes out, wipe his privates with a piece of white toilet paper, if he's just
peed,
you should get a little drop, and if it's pink, you know that's the orifice it's
coming from.

I think the house retest would be OK, if ALL you are hoping to do is check to
see if
it was a bad result (like due to human error). If you're retesting to see if
he's
throw the virus off, that's too son, and as others stated, you should use an IFA
test, not the in house ELISA SNAP test.

The very most important thing to do to care for FELV+ cats is to feed the very
BEST
food you can afford. Either homemade, or premium brands like Wellness, Innova,
or
Chicken Soup for the Cat brands. A lot of people supplement with Lysine and
vitamin
C. Plus lots give low dose oral interferon alpha. here's more info on that:
http://www.islandpharmacy.com/site/1420401/page/769212
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Pointe/9352/interferon.html
http://www.amarbio.com/03productcandidate.html

And here's my page with more links about FELV:
http://ucat.us/FELVFIVFIP.html

Here is the webpage for all of the popular treatments for FELV:
http://www.felineleukemia.org/treatmnt.html

Like I said, DIET should come first though!

Phaewryn

http://ucat.us
Adopt a New England FIV+ cat:
http://ucat.us/FIVadopt.html
Special Needs Cat Links (and feline info library):
http://ucat.us/domesticcatlinks.html