Toxoplasmosis is treatable with antibiotics.  Clindamycin appears to be the
antibiotic of choice, at least initially.
http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?cls=1&cat=1359&articleid=770

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Bandit is 3.5 yrs, -/- and used to be healthy. He previously had a
round of fever for which no cause was identified (starting January 6),
antibiotics were prescribed, and improvement was seen.

Last Friday, he showed symptoms again; stiff gait, fever 103.2. We
started him back on Clavamox. We had found bite marks all along his
back, and thought the previous round of antibiotics just didn't go
long enough to take care of whatever infection there was. Of course
the part where I'm pretty sure the biter is FIV+ is not very good
either.

Saturday, we locked he and his brother in the bathroom for our
diabetic cat's morning feeding and insulin (otherwise they annoy her,
she doesn't eat, etc.). They are locked in for about 10 minutes and
are totally accustomed to this routine.

When we went in to get them, my partner lifted him up from in front of
the heat vent onto the toilet to put eye medication in (he's had
constant eye infections for the past month) and he was peeing. Simply
all over, didn't stop, looked like he couldn't help himself, totally
embarassed.

I called a vet I had met volunteering with my humane society; the best
one I've encountered. I couldn't get in to see her until today. We
went through the symptom list and she said "toxo". We've drawn blood
to confirm but all his symptoms match: lethargy, depression, eye
issues, neurologic symptoms including bladder control, anorexia (he
has lost TWO POUNDS since last October. I believe her gut is correct.

I've now read through Phaerwyn's post for Michelle that had a lot of
toxo information. I haven't found anything that explains the long term
effects of toxo very well. I'd also like any toxo specific dietary
recommendations, supplements?

I am so worried. Any information would be appreciated.

Lynette =^..^=

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be measured by
the way in which its animals are treated." --Mahatma Gandhi, 1869-1948