I do not often get offended by this list, and I know I am in a bad state to
begin with. But I really take offense at this thing people always say, which
at  least one of you has said to me in my questioning what to do about
euthanasia,  that I need to ask if I am keeping her here for me or for her. We
are
talking  about ending a life. Believe me, if I could actually tell that it
would
be the  best thing for her, I would do it. As painful as it will be to be
without her,  it is also painful to watch her deteriorate. What I am trying to
figure out is  what is best for her, not what is best for me.  Taking someone's
life  should not be done lightly, and if someone seems to be getting some
enjoyment  out of life, I think it is a totally fair question to ask if it is
right
to take  their life at this time or if it is better to wait, for their own
sake. For  Lucy's sake. So I appreciate any insights about that, but I am going
to stop  asking for opinions here, because I don't think that just because I
have  different standards about euthanasia it means I am doing it or not doing
it "for  me" and being selfish. I could say the same thing, if I wanted, about
people who  euthanize as soon as they know something is terminal-- most
people can not deal  with hospice care or watching the decline of someone they
love, so maybe they  just euthanize "for themselves."

Enough.  I will deal with this on my own if that is the kind of answer  I am
going to get.

I will stay offline now until this is over.

Michelle