________________________________

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Susan Loesch
Sent: Monday, February 05, 2007 8:42 AM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Please add to CLS and Special Needs List

This has not been a good weekend at my house.  I have a little 4-cat
feral colony I have fed daily for a year -- we've had pretty bad weather
lately and I've put mounds of food out -- and haven't seen Buddy and
Sissy, two little longhaired tabby littermates in over a week.  Hoped
that they were just coming and eating when they were hungry since there
was so much food - and not coming around waiting for me to get there at
my usual time.  Sat. I called and called - it was a nice day, warmer and
sunny, and I'd left only a small amt. of food Friday hoping they'd show
up Sat.   A man who lives next to where I feed them came out and told me
that one of the tabbies had been hit by a car and died in his yard.
>From his description I think it was Buddy.  I am devastated.  Buddy had
evolved from a totally feral little boy to a friendly fella who met me
in the Backyard Burger (where the feeding station is) parking lot when
he heard my car.   I could pet him, even rub his tummy.  If I sat still
I could ease him into my lap.  His sister still wouldn't let me touch
her but has been getting better.  I planned to relocate both Buddy and
Sis to my back yard as soon as I could touch Sissy.    Separating them
wasn't an option.  Sissy was Buddy's little shadow - she depended on him
so.    I didn't try to trap her since she was coming around and I
figured in a month or two more I would be able to pet her.   Now I am
kicking myself for not relocating them sooner.      I have a friend who
feeds for me on Sunday and she saw Sissy -- or at least she thinks it
was Sissy and not Buddy.   I almost think it would be better if it were
Sissy to have died because Buddy is so much more independent and open to
human touch.   Please add my little Buddy Bear to the CLS.  He was
neutered, vaccinated and negative for felv/FIV.   And about 2 years old.

This morning I left my little miracle man, Leader, all wrapped up in my
sweatshirt on the bed - and, I think, dying.  He was born with feleuk -
his whole litter tested and retested positive.  All his littermates died
at or before about age two -- including Gloria's Mittens -- but Leader
has lived to be just 2 months short of SIX years.   He has been doing
fine -- skinny, looking like death warmed over -- but fine until he
recently got an awful URI.    I've treated him with immunoregulin,
Baytril, Tylosin, Naxcel, fluids.   Up until last night he was eating
well altho weak.  This morning he wouldn't eat.   Please put him on the
Special Needs List and please, all, pray that he beat this URI.
Thanks.

be privileged.
received this
transmission from