No, you can't write off interest on credit cards.  It is worth it if he
lives.

On 3/27/07, Gussies mom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Can you not write off some of the interest, too?

*Kelley Saveika <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>* wrote:

I am a nonprofit, I just don't have my letter of determination yet.  I am
expecting it before the end of the year, certainly before next tax year.
But that doesn't really help much - you get about 30 cents back on the
dollar.  I wrote off 3,000 last year and got an 1,800 refund.  When I am
paying 24% interest on this credit card I am using it is a very large
financial hit.  But he is going to get paid for anyway.  The problem is when
I run out of credit then it will be a very big issue.  I just have to keep
fundraising and make sure that doesnt' happen:).

On 3/27/07, Stray Cat Alliance <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If you are not a non profit then you could possibly try to work with one
> -- so if you paid whatever monies to them for the services and they paid the
> bills, you could get a tax write off from the IRS. You would need a receipt
> from the nonprofit.
>
> It is so kind of you to help the kitties and I know every cent counts!
> Where is the money tree when we need it!
>
> Anita
>

>  ------------------------------
> Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 07:10:20 -0500
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
> Subject: Re: Auto Immune Hemolytic Anemia - to Kelley
>
> Thanks Hideyo,
>
> He did not run coombs test.  So the diagnosis is "suspected."  See, my
> problem is that I do rescue...so I have other cats in need of medical.  I
> know you have lots of cats too.  But the problem is, if I spend all my money
> on Joey (I am spending my personal money on a 24% credit card to help him
> because people do not want to donate to a 10 year old cat.  His dad said he
> would send $100 but so far he has not).  Anyway if I spend all my credit
> card on Joey and then I have another cat who needs treatment and I have
> spent all my money on Joey - then I can't help the other cat.  It is driving
> me crazy to try to decide what to do.
>
> I have a cat coming in Wednesday that will probably have to have one eye
> removed.  But I don't know that yet, my vet has to see her.  AIHA from what
> I can find on the internet is regenerative anemia.
>
> Kelley
>

> On 3/27/07, *Hideyo Yamamoto* <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>  Dear Kelley, Nina wrote to me off list and I wanted to respond to you
> as I am going through a very very situation with my FIV boy Felix –
> I do wanted to find out more from you about the diagnosis of AIHA of
> Joey – did they run coombs test to determine the illness of AIHA?  Is he
> regenerative anemia?  Epgoen may help only if anemia is non regenerative –
> my Ayumi is non regenerative anemia and we don't know why – it could be from
> severe stomatitis – anyway, she Is not CRF kitty, but epogen seems to have
> helped her as she is maintaining low 20's o PCV for now..
>
> On the other hand, my Felix is highly regenerative, but his body seems
> to attack his RBC – usually it goes down below 10 – he has had his 4
thtransfusion on Saturday – fortunately he has not had any reactions from it.

<http://games.msn.com/en/flexicon/default.htm?icid=flexicon_+wlmemailtaglinemarch07+>

http://www.rescuties.org

http://astore.amazon.com/rescuties-20

Please help Joey!
http://rescuties.chipin.com/joey-autoimmune-hemolytic-anemia

8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time

http://www.rescuties.org