Oh Cassandra!  Do I ever know what you're going through!  I just went through
the same thing with Slinky - transfusion, PCV levels going down, nothing
helping, etc.!  And it's AWFUL!!!!!  (((((Cassandra)))))

  I never tried Interferon with Slink, but it sounds like it's not hurting, so
I probably would continue it.  I'm not sure what else you could try.  There is
Immuno Regulin, but I tried giving it to Slink when his PCV was at 9 and it
didn't help.  You could try it though.

  Hugs, prayers, and GLOW to you and Tomi in this tough time!!!  We're here for
you!  Hang in there.

  MJ, Angel Slinky, and new baby (as yet un-named).  =^..^=

C & J <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
          I took Tomi to the vet today to have his PCV rechecked.  He's been
lethargic again lately.  The PCV has gone down to 11 from 17 in the last week
and a half.

  I just don't understand it.  After his transfusion, his blood count went up
on its own from 13, to 17, then 19.  Now in the last few weeks, its gone down
to 17, and now 11.

  I've been giving him prednisone again for the last week and a half, and now
all the vet could suggest was to up his prednisone from 1 to 2 tablets a day.

  I guess his hemobartonella wasn't the only problem with his blood.  The vet
says that its likely his bone marrow is shutting down, and she didn't think
another transfusion would be worth it.

  I don't know what the heck else to do.  Maybe I should stop his interferon
while giving him the prednisone.

  This is so hard, just when I had a glimmer of hope that he might actually
pull through this, now my hope is pretty much gone :(  It's such a feeling of
desperation to see him slowly getting worse, and not being able to do anything
about it.

  Cassandra

"If you talk to the animals they will talk with you and you will know
each other.  If you do not talk to them you will not know them, and
what you do not know you will fear. What one fears, one destroys."
--Chief Dan George

"I hold that, the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to
protection by man from the cruelty of man………… The greatness of a nation and its
moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." Mohandas
Gandhi (1869-1948)

 Check outnew cars at Yahoo! Autos.