I have known of cat with hemo that had to be on the doxy for *longer than 6 weeks*, only my opinion but I would put him back on it. Has he been checked for Ehrlichia? Please make sure you vet is aware of these possibilities, talked about below.

Here are some links to some of the causes of feline anemia:

http://www.dvmnewsmagazine.com/dvm/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=408425

http://www.vin.com/proceedings/Proceedings.plx?CID=WSAVA2002&PID=2590

Some other causes:

*Feline Haemobartonellosis* is the most frequent cause of anemia in cats either as a primary or secondary opportunistic disease. (A cat with another disease such as feline leukemia will be more susceptible.) The prevalence of the disease is higher in male and outdoor roaming cats. It can be transmitted by ticks and also can be transmitted from an infected queen to her kittens. Symptoms can include sluggishness, depression and a lack of appetite that can become severe.

*Feline Babesiosis* is a disease caused by a strain of a Babesia protozoan microorganism. The tick "Rhipicephalus sanguineos" is the culprit for this one. Signs to look for include fever, anemia and jaundice.

*Feline Cytauxzoonosis* is a disease in domestic cats that causes severe anemia and can be fatal. It is transmitted by ticks and mainly by the "Dermacentor variabilis". Cats with access to the outdoors are at a higher risk of this disease and, if infected, can exhibit fever, loss of appetite and depression.

If caught quickly, these diseases can all be treated, so keep a keen eye on your pet and talk to your vet about any sudden behavioral changes.

--

Belinda
happiness is being owned by cats ...

Be-Mi-Kitties
http://bemikitties.com

http://adopt.bemikitties.com

FeLV Candlelight Service
http://bemikitties.com/cls

http://HostDesign4U.com

BMK Designs [non-profit animals websites]
http://bmk.bemikitties.com