  _____

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Nina
Sent: Saturday, April 14, 2007 2:33 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: OT: Pregnant Feral Kitty....Questions

I see you haven't removed the invisible sign welcoming wayward ones from
your front lawn :-) .  I Googled your question about worming pregnant cats
and got conflicting answers. If it where me, esp given her age and
circumstance, I'd have her spayed and the kittens aborted.  It may sound
harsh, but I've come to that conclusion from harsh realities.  I completely
understand and respect your decision to let her have her kittens, esp if she
is in good health and you are able to take on the responsibility.  I love
the babies and even with my harsh opening disclaimer would be thrilled to
hear the pitter patter of little kitten paws about the place.  If you are
going to take this on, I would bring her to the vet and have her checked.
At the very least, get a stool sample and have it checked for worms.  I know
there are certain worms that can be dangerous for the kittens.  From the
behavior you describe, I'm betting Little Girl will tame up in no time.  She
sounds like she is reaching out to you and has had at least some good
experiences with humans.  What a smart girl to have found her way to you!
Congratulations.  Please keep us informed,
Nina

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi all,

    It looks as we have a Feral pregnant Mom that has found her way to us.
I'm going to trap her and put her on my back porch so she can tame down.
Also have her babies safely. She is just a tiger strip kitty and very small.
I have named her "Little Girl"

My question is "Can she be wormed?"

Do you recommend she be vaccinated before or after the birth of the kittens?

I use Heska...it is intra nasal vaccination on my cats. I've never had any
problems with it.

I can tell she wants to be friendly with me. I can get about 2 feet from her
and drop some food down. I back off and she eats it up.

I have been feeding her with my other Feral kitties.

I normally wouldn't ask these questions but never had a pregnant kitty
either that lived outside that is feral. I can tell she is a baby herself
she is under a year old at the most maybe 7-9 months old.

I will get her spayed for free after the babies are born.

So as you can see I'm clueless on this!

Thanks for your help in this matter.

Hugs to all....

Terrie Mohr-Forker