At 10:24 AM 5/27/2007, you wrote:

Welcome..and THANK YOU
No it is not a death sentence as you will see here. i just returned from Best friends where I met Many old,,,15-22 year old cats .. Unfortunately when kittens get it they seem to have a shorter life span, My guy is a year and a half, Best Friends give their leukemia cats 1/4 cc immuno regulin I.M each month,,I use that and alferon natural interferon,,, a good diet and lots of love!!! and have other cats also and do not worry about it spreading to my adult vaccinated cats, But Max my FELV cat live primarily away form the others with his own friends,,, I do not want him catching anything else.
Kelly
www.kellyscats.zoomshare.com

Hello everyone
I just joined this group as I have just had two FeLV
positive test results on my year old kitten.

I adopted her from a cat shelter two months ago
with many health issues (upper respiratory, diarrhea
giardia, stomatits). I was told that she was FeLV negative
and figured I could deal with all of the above because they were
not life threatening and once I got her out of the shelter 'colony'
and to our vets, that she would get well. She didn't.

On Friday I took her to my homeopathic vet who insisted that
she be tested "again" for FeLV, and the test came back positive
and the second test result which I got on Saturday was also positive.

Needless to say I am devastated. Both of the vets that I use are being
supportive and hopeful. When I adopted a positive kitten 20 years ago
I was told that she had to be put down because she would infect my other cat.
This is not the case now. We have two Scotties and had recently lost a 19 year old
cat, and a 21 year old the year before.

This cat, MeMe, is an absolute love. My homeopath put her on a probiotic that
she is excited about "FortiFlora", and liquid DMG as well as help in weaning her to Archetype food as she is addicted to Fancy Feast which my vet calls 'kitty crack'.

I have been overwhelmed with the amount of information I am finding on the Web. Some of it seems very optimistic, some, bordering on fantasy. I joined this group hoping to share information with real people who are living and coping with this disease. I keep re-reading the Home page on this site which states that Feline Leukemia is not a death
sentence. I would appreciate any information which could be helpful to MeMe.

Thank you
Jane