It's very dangerous for the flies -- this I do know  Haha.

They love their moths too, Melissa :0)  The treasured ancient llama sweater
is a favorite 'get stuck' place here...along with curtains and the blankets
hanging off the bed.

I had a man here at the house yesterday looking over the outside of my house
for repairs.  I'm replacing ALL the windows in my house.   Every one of my
screens has holes put there by my dear fur family.  I asked him about
getting windows that open from the top (or screens that aren't so flimsy I
could push a hole in them with my fingernail).  He really didn't get it
until I started pointing to the evidence (i.e. -- big shredded holes).  I
even asked if we could install the windows upside down!  (The windows have
to be replaced for reasons other than my poor shredded screens...but I want
this to be a consideration).  He's going to research the options for me and
give me an itemized list of options in about a week.  I'm still thinking
about what Phaewryn said about chicken wire over the windows...

I wish I had a big window seat in every window for the babies.  I think I
have about 12-15 bird feeders of various types and a wonderful variety of
birds.  I keep a copy of Sibley's handy  --- it's cat tv.  It gives them
hours of entertainment.

elizabeth