Re litter box issues:

Make sure you are using unscented litter without the blue pellets.  My cats,
Dixie and those who have left, will not tolerate the perfumed kind.  This is
logical if you are a very few inches from the litter, kicking it etc.  The blue
things contain germicides that, as one company says, causes no trouble most of
the time............I don't deal with most of the time.

Try using Rubbermaid or knock offs boxes without lids.  They give more room
(important for ferals particularly--they are vulnerable when and don't like to
feel closed in/trapped) and have high enough backs that a cat who has trouble
(for any reason including "I just don't want to") can urinate without getting
it all over the place (I learned this when Ebony was getting older and had a
physical problem that made getting down difficult).

Yes, the Feliway may help.  It was designed for "pee-problems."

                                                 If you have men who will
exclude any of God's creatures
                                                 from the shelter of compassion
and pity, you will have men who