Yes, please send me the file if you will. Isabella is on Referon or something like that.....
thank-you
Laurie
----- Original Message ----- From: "Kelly L" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Saturday, June 30, 2007 8:58 PM
Subject: Re: Isabella's blood work and other Qs

At 07:25 PM 6/30/2007, you wrote:

When cats go on interferon the dosage is minuscule compared to what is given to people. Unless you are using the Feline Omega interferon. I use Alferon , the natural interferon and if you are interested I can email you the file, the alpha interferon is also given is very very small doses and works differently than is used with people,
Kelly

Hi ~ I am resending this in hopes for some feed back. (I will read the info about meds as suggested). I know of a human on interferon who is very lethargic. Do people see this with cats on interferon? I ask because Isabella is most active after we give fluids but generally pretty laid back....would appreciate any input ...thanks!
Laurie

Hello and many thanks to all who responded (what a knowledgable and supportive group).
Q: Is the immunoregulin something I would use **instead** of interferon?

For those who responded about Revolution ~ we won't use this again. One of my cats with allergies responded very negatively to Advantage. So, I just have to hope we keep fleas at bay. We are 100% indoors but I work in my wildlife friendly yard and understand I could bring one inside.....

What is IM, please?

Isabella's counts were as follows: (numbers in parens are normal ranges)
WBC 3.65 (5.5-19.5)
HCT  20.6 (30-45)
RBC  3.72 (5-10)
HGB  8.1 (9-15.1)
GLOB (globulin?) 6.2 (2.8-5.1)
Total protein 9.1 (5.7-8.9)
Her Neut(?), Eosiniphils and PLT were all below normal
MCHC and MCH were above normal

The numbers that were desginated as being most dramatically off were:
Glob, Neut,HCT, RBC. MCHC and MCH

Any input greatly appreciated....thanks!
Laurie

----- Original Message ----- From: "cindy reasoner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>