*From:* Jane Lyons <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
*To:* felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
*Sent:* Sunday, July 01, 2007 2:34 PM
*Subject:* Re: goodbye.

I'm not sure what is going on here, but for a new person (me) it is very
sad since I've come to rely on this list as a lifeline for my Felv
positive cat.

I use two vets, one of them well known nationally, and neither of them
have the
knowledge and experience that you guys (collectively) have of Feline
Leukemia.
This is a priceless resource, especially for people like myself, who come
here shell
shocked and need to hear the reality from the "frontline", not theory nor
statistics.

My little cat, who came from an over burdened colony situation, having
been thrown
on their porch from a moving car, is so much better and it is largely the
result of the
information that I got here. Also, I was so grateful to be able to express
the grief and
fear I initially felt, knowing I was with people who really loved their
cats, and who would
(hopefully) understand.

It must be difficult repeating the same information over and over again,
and having to
adjust to a lot of personalities and dysfunction, but if the bottom line
is helping cats,
your time is not in vain.

I came here four weeks ago with a kitten suffering from giardia,
stomatitis, very badly
swollen glands, constant sneezing, runny nose, diarrhea and very poor
appetite.

I am happy to report we now have formed stools, no swollen glands, an
occasional sneeze
and wet nose and a ravenous appetite. The stomatitis seems to be healed on
the bottom
of her mouth, although the top is still red, but not as inflamed as it had
been. For the first
time in her little life she seems comfortable and very content.

I hope things here can be worked out. We are very grateful to all of you.

Jane (and a much improved MeMe)