Hi guys,

The past week has been a pretty rough one.  My grandma
in NC went into the hospital last Sunday and passed
away on Wednesday.  We were very close, and I am upset
that I did not get to tell her goodbye.  I was
actually set to leave to see her this past Saturday,
but I guess life doesn't go as planned, does it?

Anyway, my grandma had 3 feral cats that have been fed
by her caregiver for the past two years because she
has not been able to get out of bed with the
Parkinson's.  Before I got to NC from Texas, my uncle
trapped two and let them out at some remote farm, God
knows where.  The last kitty left has been my favorite
since she was born.  She was one of the ones the Best
Friends came out and did a TNR on (there were several)
a few years ago.  She is feral so has never let me pet
her, although I have played with her with string and
talked to her everytime I've visited my grandma.  When
I went out to see which kitty was left yesterday, she
let me know she was not happy and wanted to know where
the rest of her family was.  It is heartbreaking to me
to see her and know what happened with the other two.
I hope they are ok, and might possibly look into
getting help for them in the next few days if my Uncle
will tell me where he dropped them off.

I am on my way to go try to trap her this afternoon
with a can of tuna fish, a medium sized kitty carrier,
and some string for the door.  Wish me luck.  Animal
Control has a waiting list for traps, and I'm leaving
tomorrow morning, so I have no access to one unless I
buy one.

I am just able to get online b/c my aunt and uncle
have no Internet (I can't imagine!) and I had to wait
to visit the library until now because of the funeral,
etc.  I will check for any replies on my way back from
my grandma's place today.

The help I need from you guys is this: Do any of you
know of any rescue shelters that will take ferals (I
would prefer a feral specific rescue, if possible)?  I
need one in the Greensboro, Winston-Salem, or
Raleigh/Durham area of North Carolina.  I want her to
have a good home.  I do not want to take her back to
Texas if I can avoid it at all.  My husband will be
mad at me if I do, and I'm traveling with my great
aunt who's in her 80's and talks non-stop, so I think
traveling with the two of them might be a disaster
depending on how things go.  Any ideas would be
greatly appreciated.  FYI: We will be traveling on 40
through Tennessee tomorrow, so that is also an option
for transport for us.  I am also going to look online
to see what might be out there for help for her.

Please let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks guys,
Wendy

world - indeed it is the only thing that ever has!"     ~~~ Margaret Meade ~~~

http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/