Oh yes, and I forgot to mention another little kitty that was dumped @ my feral
colony recently, that now is living in my home.

She used to show up to eat occasionally, sporting a very pretty pink collar w/
rhinestones on it.

She was obviusly someone's pet, but very shy.

One day she showed w/ no colllar to eat, and the hippie neighbors told me that
her owners had moved over the weekend and put her outside after they removed
her collar.

Obviously they knew I fed the cats, and that "she would be fine".

Well, they hadn't bothered to spay her, of course, and after a few days I saw
discharge coming from her "bottom" area....

Discharge as in green pus.

I put her in a carrier and took her to my vet, of course, and she had such a
bad case of pyrometria that her uterus had burst and her bladder was partially
necrotic.

They were not sure if she would ever be able to pee normally again.

After about 10 days she was able to come home, and being as young as she was
(about 1 year or so) she fit right in to.

Of course, it helped that she purrfurred cats over people.

She will "cow" if you get to close to her, but within days you could find her
sleeping w/ one of my older cats.

I named her "Octavia", and she is a beautiful all black kitty w/ gorgeous green
eyes.

So, what is it w/ people again that think a feral colony is a dumping ground
for their unwanted cats?

Fine, she is much better off w/ me, she has a good life and she doesn't ever
have to allow me to pet her if she does not want to.

It's not required in this household.

Apparently her former owners had "children" that were pretty rough w/ her, that
is why she is handshy.........

It's been an expensive year @ Chez Mew........

Susan J. DuBose  >^..^<
www.PetGirlsPetsitting.com