  From: elizabeth trent
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  Sent: Monday, July 09, 2007 8:36 PM
  Subject: Re: Need help ASAP with a kitty

  Susan, you are an absolute angel :0)

  Four of my seven babies were feral.  I had a $450 stray too --- Merlin.  Poor
thing had abscesses on both sides of his face -- he was so skinny and beat up.
We got him all fixed up and gorgeous.  Someone in the neighborhood adopted him
after that.  I never mentioned all the vet bills.  He was a dear love - and
anytime he got to go outside for any length of time - he would make a bee line
for Liz's Kitty Boutique and Day Spa :0)  (my front porch)

  All of my seven babies were either abandoned or totally feral.  Sweet, dear
Shakiti was SO shy it took months and months to be able to pet him.  He's my
precious little boy now and lets me hold him like a baby now while he drools on
my shoulder LOL  He curls up with me any time I take a nap -- he loves his
mommy.  If he so much as hears another human voice though -- he will hide and
you won't be able to find him either until the big bad strangers are gone.

  I've never insisted that my babies allow me to pet them either.  Slow and
steady -- no sudden moves and lots of love.  They all seem to come around in
time..but sometimes it takes a very long time.  I can even brush and comb all
of mine now.  I caught Othello once to take him to the vet's -- but that may
not ever happen again LOL  They are SO smart!  Othello is the mighty hunter --
he's the fastest and the sneakiest.

  Zulu -- totally feral boy who dines at the boutique will run if he sees you
through the door or window any closer than six feet.  Evenso -- that is
progress! :0)  It takes a lot of patience with these dear ferals -- but every
bit of time spent is worth it.

  elizabeth