  From: Melissa Lind
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  Sent: Friday, July 13, 2007 12:08 PM
  Subject: RE: OT: sancturaries for special needs

  For her diarrhea, the old vet used Metrondiazole and Albon. No parasites were
found.  The new vet tried new food (Science Diet ID) along with Clavomox. She
also dewormed her again just in case. Ashley has gained 2 pounds in the last
two weeks since the visit with the new vet, but her poops are the same.
Possibly the dewormer helped.

  I just got off the phone with the vet, and she suggested that we put her back
on her regular food that she's used to for 2 weeks. No meds. Then I'll have a
stool sample sent to a lab for further testing (once all the meds are out of
her system). Then we'll see what could be in her. If that doesn't work, the vet
said we might have to do a scope. We'll see. Time will tell.

  I guess this is really not the time to try to find a home for her. I'm
probably the best one to keep her since I know what's going on, what's been
done, etc.

  Maybe I could just find a home for Nonie (healthy) to alleviate the stress.

  Melissa