Hi guys,
I could not help but add my two cents here on the
subject of people who are convinced, or announce
openly that they do not like cats:
I noticed early on, that the people who proudly state
that they do not like cats,always speak from the
aspect of misinformation on every level. THESE ARE
PEOPLE THAT HAVE NEVER KNOW A CAT! it just occurred to
me too, that these might be people who grew up
torturing every cat they might have run across as a
child, so their experience with any cat might have
been negative...like imagine ,say farm cats kept only
as mousers, being treated badly by a family...These
cats might run and hide every time a human
appeared...I just thought of that...
Anyway, somewhere along the line, these individuals
have probably been brainwashed into believing cats are
only nice to you when they want something, while, if
in the same sentence, they might proudly state, "BUT,
I DO LIKE DOGS", hoping to redeem themselves as
sensitive individuals somehow, as well as pillars of
character...They maybe watched too many Lassie films
and believe  dogs will stand by you until the end, no
matter what ?Who knows, it is usually a
combination...However, the one constant is : THESE
PEOPLE NEVER KNEW A CAT. These are simply very
uneducated/inexperienced types in animal contact
exposure situations...A lot of the time these types
are following a party line laid out by their family
for a generation or more...  It is like they are
trying to make some kind of statement attesting to
their own character, by conveying what might seem
admirable to them...aligning their own personality,
say with what they believe are the attibutes of  a dog
personality? It is most often an image thing... Also,
these people are not animal lovers at all, no matter
how they try to come across about LOVING dogs...
their exposure to animals and experience with animals
on a personal level is usually null.They know
absolutely nothing about animals...I , when confronted
by this sort of person only say to them , "You just
have never known a cat" I am always right 100% of the
time. Oh yeah, and let's not forget those men striving
to project a macho image that even if somewhere along
the line they did know a cat and even appreciated that
cat would never admit it and wants the world to think
HE IS ABOVE THAT, FRILLY STUFF, AND WANTS TO EQUATE
HIMSELF WITH A DOG...LIKE CATS ARE A TOO FEMALE THING.
I'm sorry if I am rambling here , but I'm just typing
as I am thinking about what I have observed in people
on this subject. I SERIOUSLY DO NOT WANT TO SOUND
PREJUDICE EITHER, AS I'M TRYING TO SLAM PREJUDICE HERE
IN MY RANTING!
The bottom line is, when I do come across people who
tell me they do not like cats, I immediately feel
sorry for them ,because they have simply missed out on
such a love and a joy and seriously, there is no
little critter more entertaining than a cat who has
lots of personality...Oh yes , and cats are loyal,
loving, cuddly, a lot easier to deal with than a
dog...like if one must leave a cat alone for a day...
There is all kinds of prejudice in this world and it
is a very terrible thing. Every single incident of
prejudice could be completely alleviated
if the parties involved would only take the time to
get to know what it is they feel they are not familiar
with or uncomfortable with...If only people were more
kind and thoughtful and could appreciate everything in
this world that is beautiful...there would never even
be wars...
I think a lot of us love our cats so much because we
can retreat in to that safe little beautiful world and
spend our time and energy devoting ourselves to
something that is sweet and beautiful what is a
cat...By the way, I love dogs too, probably too
much...Which reminds me: DO SOMETHING NICE TODAY FOR A
DOG! Later, Glenda

=== message truncated ===

Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.