Glenda,

Too bad you're not taking any more kitties :) My mom has a poly named Sunny.
She's probably four years old or so. I never knew that was the technical
name for them--we've always called them "mitten paws." We used to joke that
this happened from all the pesticides/herbicides in the water. Sunny was a
stray.

Well, my mom and my sisters who live at home are a continual disappointment
to me in the way they take care of (or don't take care of) their pets. Sunny
is grossly overweight, and their other cat, Steve, who I love dearly, just
wants love and attention, but I'm the only one who will give it to him, but
it just breaks my heart to spend much time over there. I get so frustrated
and angry with them that I have to leave.

Then there's the dog--a tiny thing they wanted so badly, and now they want
to give him back. I don't understand it. But, I think it boils down to the
fact that my mom has not been able to get her own life straight, that passes
down to the kids, and then the pets get neglected just like everything else.
It's hard for me because I can't understand not loving an animal.

Mom always nags me to take her pets, especially since I love Steve so much
(named after my husband--same hair/eye color), but we already have 3 cats of
our own, and 2 fosters that need a home, and a human baby on the way. The
other day I started sobbing while cleaning up cat vomit. It's just so
overwhelming. Cat messes never make me upset, but our house is small, and
about to get smaller, and I know these babies need a home. I just can't find
anyone who would give them the care they deserve. (No--I'm not asking
you--just venting). Just like that lady who would declaw--how horrible. I
could never let that happen.

Okay, I'm hormonal and blabbering on. Sorry, I'm sick and exhausted and
feeling a bit of a heavy load on my shoulders right now. Thanks for
listening!

Melissa