Ahh, Thanks Glenda. I'm much better today. I had to go home sick yesterday.
I think it was just one of those overwhelming days. Yes, I'm younger--same
as Caroline, I think--29.

That's so true about generations! I was very influenced by my grandparents,
in fact, I think of my late grandpa as more of a father figure. But, I hope
my children will become animal lovers like me.

No, my family isn't mean, per se, to the pets. They are just indifferent to
them. The cats aren't allowed outside (thank goodness), but Steve escapes
every now and then, and he only lets me bring him back inside. They get all
their shots and medical care as needed--just not enough love. You're right
about Sunny (fat cats), she's not interested in playing, etc. And she eats
more than her share and even eats the dog's food at times.  But, I think the
fact that my family doesn't play with her exacerbates the problem.

Anyway, something good did happen to me last night. As I was filling up the
tea kettle to make more instant soup, I was watching the birds on the
feeder. Then I saw that one was caught by her head in-between the two
shepherd's hooks. This has happened before and we put corn cobs down in the
space, but they had fallen out, and we had forgotten to put them back. I
sprinted outside to help ease the little bird up and out. She flew off. I
hope she makes it. Her neck was all bloody from trying to scratch herself
free. I was nearly hysterical from being sick and the traumatic sight of
this poor little bird. Luckily my husband immediately found some wood blocks
to put in there when he got home. This way they won't rot and fall out like
the corn cobs. So, I felt good for rescuing the bird, but sad that it had to
happen in the first place.

Anyway, thanks for the reassuring words--Glenda and Wendy--by the way, I'm
due March 7 or so. We haven't told the family yet--waiting until the first
ultrasound on Tuesday to confirm that everything is okay. Good luck with
your endeavors of the same Wendy!! :)

Melissa