Dear Caroline,

I'm way behind reading everyone and replying, as you can see by the date on your original post. I'm so sorry you lost your beloved Monkee (with the super name). And you know what? You didn't fail him. You gave him years of a brand new happy and loving life, with a loving mommy and grandmommy, too, which he clearly reciprocated.

I understand the traumatized part and I understand the guilty part, too. I'm also guilty when a little one passes away: Did I do enough? Was I perceptive enough? Was I always there for him when he needed me? Did he get the right toys, outside time, Dr. visits, food, etc., etc. It's just endless, really. But then you have to remember how his life would have been if he hadn't decided to be that little wild man in the courtyard of your building and you hadn't decided that it was time to bring that darling little ragamuffin back into civilization.

He still loves you. He'll love you forever. He'll be there in Heaven to welcome you when you join him years and years and years from now. He'll come to visit you during the day, he'll come to visit you at night in your dreams. Maybe you'll be doing the dishes or the laundry, not thinking about anything in particular, really, and you'll hear his little voice or feel his soft little body rub against your leg.

Love and purrs from all of us,

Tee, Lilibet, Billi Bi, Sammy, Teddy and Charlie

"Consciousness is Causal
 and Physicality is its
 Manifestation."