Such a good story...It is so wonderful to see the
improvements like this. Good luck at the vet's. Glenda
--- Caroline Kaufmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

---------------------------------

Thanks Susan.  My mom and I both work and I don't live
with her, so we do the best we can with feeding her.
She has already stopped eating like a fiend and she
will stop when she gets full.  The only way we have
gotten her to eat crunchies is by putting them in the
bowl with the wet food.  She will eat the wet food
first and then later, snack on the crunchies.  I
started her on Wellness Kitten wet food last night
(per Tad's suggestion)-- I knew that- that it's high
calorie!  It's just in the heat of the moment, I guess
you forget these things, so it's nice to have people
to remind you.  I also started her on Wellness dry
crunchies (she was just eating regular adult
Wellness).

I am worried about her liver function, but I have her
on Nutrical (since Sunday), so hopefully, we have
staved off a problem there, but I guess we will find
out.  We are taking her to a vet tomorrow.

She is still showing the third eyelid a lot, but the
weepy eyes are much improved and in fact, when I
treated them with Terramycin last night, I did not see
any green discharge.

She has not thrown up at all, so she's definitely not
gorging herself.  Last night, when my mom and I were
visiting her, she drank water for the first time in
front of us and she drank A TON!

She is so much more perky too.  She seems so happy--
she purrs and kneads all the time.  And a good sign-
even if it makes my job a little harder- when I go to
treat her eyes or hold her, she's started squirming
and she even got away from me one time.  So clearly,
she is getting her strength back to some extent.
She's even broke into a little jog to go see my mom
when she came in the room (and she was NOT doing that
when we first brought her in).  She loves the a/c more
than any cat I have seen and she "watches" the TV that
we leave on for her.

I put a "found cat" ad on Craigslist yesterday, but
haven't heard anything yet.  It will take me a while
to get to the other websites to list her.  The focus
now is rehabilitating her.

Thanks for your insight!

Caroline