Poor baby Moeman!

"Consciousness is Causal
 and Physicality is its
 Manifestation."

On Aug 10, 2007, at 10:22 AM, Caroline Kaufmann wrote:

Beckie:

Make sure you give him some water or water mixed with gravy is good- immediately after you pill him- to help him swallow it and so he's not swallowing it "dry." If you have a syringe or a dropper- either will work. It doesn't have to be much, just enough to wet his whistle. I always gave my Monkee some warm water after each of his pills.

-Caroline

From: "Beckie McRae" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Subject: Moe has taken a turn for the worse...
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 08:42:43 -0500

Well Moeman has gotten REALLY sick again.

He’s got huge bumps ALL around his neck, like he’s wearing a collar or something, but he doesn’t. I called the vet and explained to her that since I’ve already had him in there 3 times, I couldn’t afford to keep bringing him back and asked for Clavomox (spelling?). When our other cat McGhee was really sick like this that’s what she had and we would notice a difference in her in a matter of hours. The vet said it would upset his stomach and make him more sick. She said to try to give him a benydryl (again spelling?) and see how that goes for the weekend. We gave him 25mg last night, and he FINALLY went to sleep. I seriously don’t think this poor little thing has gotten a good night’s sleep in weeks. He’s CONSTANTLY scratching, or licking, it’s bad. So when we got up this morning he seemed to be a little perkier, but not much. Hopefully the benydryl will work and he’ll get his strength back. Only thing is we have the pills, and I feel HORRIBLE when we give them to him. Mitch has to hold him by his neck, then I have to pry his mouth open, etc….I’ve tried crushing it up and putting it food, but he knows it’s there and won’t touch it. Even wet food, which is like a treat for him! Any ideas on how I could crush up a pill and have him take it without even knowing it?

Thanks guys. I swear, sometimes I wonder what I did before I found you all.

Beckie

See what you’re getting into…before you go there