My cats get to go outside while I'm home working in my
yard...They never wander, except a couple of them
might head down to my friend's ,which is about 3/4ths
of a block...I check on them every 30 min if I lose
sigt of them. I always used to think I wanted my cats
to have pretty collars and cute tags...wanted them to
look loved. I own a number of collars and tags, but
have you ever tested those break-away collars? They do
not break away! They work about as well as those
plastic things they wrap around pop cans or beer cans,
that are supposed to break away for the environment,
baloney.   The stretch type collars with the little
elastic string things are better, but they get stuck
on bushes and trees...They get lost...
I just feel collars are too dangerous.  Chipping and
ear tatoos on my cats is what I use. The ear tatoos
let everyone visually see your cat is loved,claimed
and the chip is a backup. Like, I think my cats are so
cute, I think everyone would want to steal
them...Well, say you are missing your cat...When you
advertise you mention the ear tatoo, then the chip and
offer a decent reward...My  thinking is, if someone
actually did take my kitty, they would be happy just
to settle for the reward...These are my thoughts...
I know, keeping your cats completely inside at all
times is the safest/smartest way to care for your
cats, but one  my biggest joys is watching my cats
have fun...climbing trees, catching grasshoppers and
just looking at how beautiful they look just walking
around in my flowers or rolling around on the lawn.

=== message truncated ===

Sick sense of humor? Visit Yahoo! TV's
http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/222