  From: Angela Lewis
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2007 1:22 PM
  Subject: Re: Please talk to me

  Susan,
   Boy was not good, at all, last night. He went down hill very fast. He was
fine last Thursday, then Friday we moved, I thought he just was scared. I left
him alone on Friday and really started to watch him Saturday and Sunday, Monday
he went to the vet. He slept most of the weekend, literally, then last night he
was just lifeless. He didn't get up, he laid where ever I put him. I would walk
him to the litter box, he would go then lay right outside the box, he didnt'
have the strength to walk. (By the time I got home last nght, he was laying on
the coffee table, I had given him some amoxacillian, I thought he was getting
close to the edge, so I scooted him toward the middle of the table and when I
did, there was poop balls by this tail. It was almost like he released himself
and didn't know it! When we got him to the vet he just laid, then once he did
get up to walk, he acted like he was walking side ways and couldn't support
himself. It was just aweful!!! I then just held him and loved him all I could.
His quality of life was not good on Monday. It sickened me to look at the
unhappiness on his face. His gums were almost a white/yellow color, he was
dehydrated, just bad off. There was no way to get him back, I don't think. Did
I do the right thing by PTS?
  Ang

  Susan Dubose <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
    Well, it sounds like the vet tested him for felv and he was pos.

    Was he suffering?

    Is this why the vet decided to euth?

    Because even if they are "symptomatic", they can still have a good quality
of life being felv+.

    And yes, you should get your other 2 kitties "combo" tested, you need to
know what to expect.

    But please, if they do test "pos" for felv, remember, they can live a good
life for quite some time, you just to help them along by boosting their little
immune systems.

    Take each day as a precious gift, because that'swhat it is.

    This list is set up for kitty mommies & daddies just like you, and there is
a wealth of good information here.

    You will get more ideas than you will know what to do with, but you will be
able to figure out what works best for you, your cats & your living
arrangements........

    One last note, if your vet decided to PTS because the cat was felv+ and
sick, but not "suffering" (to be determined as YOU see fit w/ your vet's
consultation).......it might be best to look for another vet that is more felv+
savvy.

    Just my 2 cents,I could be wrong.

    Susan J. DuBose  >^..^<
    www.PetGirlsPetsitting.com