________________________________

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Angela Lewis
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2007 3:37 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: Please talk to me

To all who have hellped me thru this day...
Thank you for your support and encouraging words. We just got back from
the Vet's office, with Ripley and Sherman, the SNAP test came back
NEG!!!!!! We are going to retest in 3 months.

The Vet said the only difference in the 2 tests (SNAP verses IFA) is the
accuracy is a little higher with the IFA. Both tests are in the 90
percent range.

God bless all!
Ang
Sally Davis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

        HI Angela

        This sounds exactly like what happened to my Pumpkin. What may
be different is that Pumpkins was hiding the fact he was not eating.
Although I did figure it out. His gums were exactly as you described he
spent two nights at the vet hospital with fluids and IV Baytril. He
crashed the second night. I imagine much like your baby did. His spirit
was gone when I arrived to visit him that morning. They had cleaned him
up and he was cold. I felt so bad that I did not see his symptoms
sooner. I had him euthanized. Cats are good at hiding there symptoms. I
had another cat who was sick at the same time and being treated for
anemia by a different vet. This was due to the fact he had been hit by a
car several months earlier and that was the only available vet who could
see him in a hurry.

        Now I was worried Junior's condition was more serious. I took
him back in that week and though he looked fine he had a fever of 106.5.
The kept him hydrated him and called me to say they wanted to to a FELV
test. He has tested neg that same year. It came back positive. I had 11
cats at that time. Two more tested positive. One also had been sickly
had FIV as well. He had been adopted from a shelter. I was in panic mode
last fall. The group kept me going. I lost Tiny from unrelated cause he
died very suddenly last Christmas. Lionel, my felv/fiv cat  was also PTS
he was not well.

        Good news Junior is stable and he had a very rough go but is
fine now other than his pos status. He gets immune booster like the
group says.

        Sally