Absolutely.  Everyone should do what they are comfortable with, and it
probably isnt' as big a deal for her to replace all the items as it
would be for me or another rescuer.

I just don't want people who are new to the list to think they need to
throw everything out, particularly if cats have already been sharing
them for some period of time.

http://www.rescuties.org