Where does this woman live???

Susan Dubose <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
          Here is how my enclosure is set up, in case anyone plans to build one
in the future.........

  My house is an "L", w/the bottom of the L being the cats' room.

  The body of the L is the master bedroom w/the living room on the other side.

  The top of the L is the office, which runs along the driveway and is all
windows.

  The felv+ cats live in the office, which is the about the size of a 2 car
garage w/a full bathroom.

  The non felv section is the cat room, the master bathroom, the master
bedroom, and their enclosure which includes a porch that comes off of the
office area.

  In otherwords, the enclosure "fills in" the L shape to make a 15 x 25 cat
enclosure.

  My friend Julia built the enclosure w/her crew.

  She is an fine artist /faux finisher by trade, but has a business called
"kitty kat habitats" on the side.

  She is usually off doing million $$ homes ( I helped her w/a $22. million
home as well as a $2.5 million upgrade to St.Mary's cathedral downtown.THAT was
fun, 4 stories up, feelin'like Micheagelo)  but she really likes doing small
kitty projects.

  Anyway, she had the concrete for the slab poured @ a very gradual 1/2inch
sloop so that we could hose it out and the water would drain out.
   The concrete is stained fern green w/ bronze flecks, w/a "high gloss" finish
/sealer.

  No phosphates can be used on it, so I either use Simple Green for cleaning or
Citro Solve.

  There is a water faucet that I can attach a hose to, and one right outside
the enclosure for litterbox duty.

  The enclosure is surrounded by a French drainage system, as well as more
French Drains throughout the yard.

  The enclosure is screened in w/ the very black pet screen that is really
heavy duty, and on top of this is 2 x 4 inch welded wire for more security.

  You cannot see into the enclosure, unless you are right up to the screen and
"cup" your eyes to look in.

  The cats can see outside just fine, though.

  The base of the enclosure ( from concrete to last board) has a 1 inch gap, w/
the petscreen "flapping"over hanging down about 3 inches.

  This is so I can wash the floor & "squeegie" it out but the flies /mosquitoes
cannot come in.

  There are 3 ceiling fans w/light kits, 2 run along the inside of the
enclosure and one is on the little concrete porch.

  There is a big door that can open up to the enclosure,but I keep cat trees in
front of it so it's rarely used.

  It is just for when I shoo all the cats into the house and have to move any
furniture or something big in or out.

  Main outside access is through the "airlock"which is off of the little
concrete porch.

  In otherwords, if I were to exit from the office, I would turn right, unlock
the door,exit, close door, then open another to leave.

  The airlock system prevents any cat from escaping.

  The airlock is as big as a good size walk in closet,and I store my extra
litter & bird /squirrel food there.

  The roof is a "realroof" not the plastic green sheets.

  It is fully insulated w/plywood on top and shingles that match the house on
the roof.

  We are planning on painting clouds on the ceiling, and along the wall Julia
wants to paint a jungle theme.
  She's a great artist, when she has time ( she will be designing a new Tarot
deck for me. Siamese cats)

  Anyway, the 25 ft. screened wall has a 2 foot overhang so that the rain does
not come in,no matter how hard it rains or the wind blows.

  Also on this side, the enclosure wall goes "up" about 2 ft., then it goes
"out" two more feet for an addition "perch area".

  This area has 3 levels of different size boards for their lounging,running &
perching pleasure.

  I have 4 @ 60qt. clear blue boxes w/ 30lbs.of Yesterday's News, 4 @ 55qt.
clear boxes w/ 30 lbs.of Tidy Cat, and one 2.5 x 2.5 clear "low"box w/Tidy Cat
for my kitty Hobbs, who is missing most of both of his back legs....:(

  They also have my old leather couch (it's12 yrs old, withstands cat pee &
poop w/a little baking soda)

  and an old coffee table that hold 3 waters & 2 food bowls.

  Underneath the coffee table is one food bowl and one water bowl, once again
so that Hobbs can reach it.

  Inside their room ( there is a cat door that goes from their room to the
enclosure, and a cat door that goes from the master bedroom to the enclosure to
the little porch)  they have my old tile kitchen table along one wall.

  The table holds 2 large food bowls and 2 Drinkwells.

  Under the table are 4 kitty "meals on wheeels" (plastic food storage bins)
that each hold 45 to 50 lbs.of food.

  2 of the bins are housecat mix (Evo & Core) and 2 of the bins are the dry
feral mix ( Costco brand mixed w/Purina One).

  They also have a "double trunk" that stores cat beds but on top has a blanket
w/beds on top of that for them to sleep on.

  They also have a very tacky teal velvet loveseat w/fringe @ the bottom that
they sleepon and that Hobbs & Foxy Brown hide under.

  They also have a cushy "reading"chair that is for sleeping, and the furniture
is all covered w/pee pads (hospital grade) w/throws on top.

  They have their own medicine cabinet on the wall, and more feed /water bowls
in the master bathroom.

  The cat room has a door on it w/15 lite glass panels, as well as another just
like this that closes off the back of the house to the living room.

  They are no longer allowed into the living room nor kitchen due to past "bad
behaviors"........ :(

  felv+ /office also has a door w/15 lite panes so that allkitties can see what
is going on.

  However, Kelly Kay Bear, my 15 year old, is allowed in the livingroom, but
that is it.

  I think that is it.

  Except that there are several bird feeders & bird baths, as well as squirrel
feeders on every side of the house that the cats can see outta of.

  This house has A LOT of windows..........

  Cat room has 3 more litterboxes, which hold Scoopaway.

  All supplies for the felv+cats stay in their room (food, bowls, beds, etc.)

  Susan J. DuBose  >^..^<
www.PetGirlsPetsitting.com
www.Tx.SiameseRescue.org
www.shadowcats.net