Today we finally found time to take 6 of our 12 'Houston hoarder" cats to the
clinic for retesting.

These cats, if you remember, came from a house of 185 neglected cats.

Many of the cats were felv+.

I took in 14 to foster, and @ first they were all housed in one large "walk in"
size pen.

We were testing them 3 @ a time, and the very last cat that we tested, Lillian,
came up felv+.

Which meant all of the other 13 cats had had a continous exposure to felv for
about 3 weeks.

In very close quarters.

And many of the cats were sick w/ all kinds of problems when we got them, as
well as malnourishment.

We had pyrometria, URI, mouth ulcers, toe infections, very stressed out
geriatrics, megacolon, and one little kitty w/seizures that did not make
it.......  :(
to name some of the problems.

Anyway, of the 6 that we tested today, all came back neg/neg after a 4month
quarantine.

We are planning an adoption event to be held for them,hopefully this weekend,so
that they can now start finding permanent mew homes.........  :)

The other 6 are in a separate pen, and we will be getting their tests performed
the first of next week.

Please wish them well..........

Susan J. DuBose  >^..^<
www.PetGirlsPetsitting.com