Susan, There is not much that the vet can do about the swollen glands.
It just means that she is fighting off something. I would go ahead and start her on the interferon now if possible. The Lysine will help boost her immune system,as well as a product called "MIssing Link". Get the Professional Strength from the vet which has a detox factor in it. You are already feeding her high quality food, but I sprinkle a bit of nutrional yeast on my babies' dry food,felv+ and felv- both. Thank you for taking in a "special needs" kitten............ :) Susan J. DuBose >^..^< www.PetGirlsPetsitting.com www.Tx.SiameseRescue.org www.shadowcats.net "As Cleopatra lay in state, Faithful Bast at her side did wait, Purring welcomes of soft applause, Ever guarding with sharpened claws." Trajan Tennent ----- Original Message ----- From: Susan Ang To: firstname.lastname@example.org Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2007 9:56 AM Subject: Swollen Glands? Hi there, thank you to everyone who's posted info for us. I've been reading the archives, but it's a lot of material to work through. Autumn has only tested positive on the ELISA test so far. she goes back in 6 mos for a second round of testing. At that point we will redo the ELISA and send off for the IFA. Her vet didn't give me much hope for her throwing the virus. She said 15% chance. Since that seemed so slight, I wanted to go ahead and get Autumn in as good a position as I can for good health. If I put her on Interferon A, should I wait until after the second test? Autumn has been sleeping a lot the last couple of days and it feels like her glands might be swollen under her jaw. When she's awake she's bright eyed and runs around a lot - Should I take her to the vet for her glands? She had her other vaccinations last week. She seemed to run a fever after the shots, but she was very energetic all weekend. We just want to do what's best for her. ~Susan A.