Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 21:35:14 -0700 (PDT)
From: catatonya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Transferring the Virus
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org

Have the two other cats ever been tested or vaccinated before?
  tonya

Dawn Morrison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
              Hello again everyone,

  Before I had Bea tested, she was with my two other catkids (ages 4 & 10
years) for 4 days - sharing food (wet & dry), water and liter box.
  It was only after that 4 days did we realize Bea tested positive (Elisa & IFA)
  We immediately took our other two in and had them tested (negative but too
early to tell) and vaccinated.
  In anyone's opinion, how great of a chance do you think they will test
positive in 6 months when I re-test them? Do you think there was enough
exposure in those 4 days? I am particularly worried about my 4 year old because
I fed them all wet food and she immediately eats anything that is leftover from
all 3 bowls.

  Also, Bea is now quarantined in a bedroom by herself and I visit with her as
much as possible when I am home - even sleeping with her at night time to give
her some human contact (much to my husbands dismay). I wash my hands thoroughly
when I leave the room and bea has her own bowls/water dishes that I keep
seperate from my others. She has her own litter box as well. Is it possible to
spread any of the virus from just walking around the room, transferring it on
my clothes then walking through the rest of my house? I'm just so concerened
I'm passing it around more.

  Thanks
  Dawn

Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's updated for
today's economy) at Yahoo! Games.